Thursday, October 13, 2011

What's Next?

So, I put myself out there...I decided to jump in.

The Photography World that is.

Now what?

I find myself asking that question, haha. But thankfully, I am slowly finding the answers...

Next on my agenda is to officially get a business license. And a tax ID. And a web site. I'll admit, of those three things, the website really does interest me the most :-) I am a bit overwhelmed at the thought of designing something I find myself day-dreaming about. Please bear with me as I figure out the logistics of creating a site and making this plain boring blog look much more exciting! My awesome graphic designer husband has offered to help me, but he is pretty busy with work and online college classes. So, I don't know that I can also steal him away to pick his brain about design ideas. Sadly.

Also, on my to-do list is to figure out exactly how I want to run my business. Prices, session info, prints, packages - there is so much to think about. It seems that there are pros and cons to everything no matter what I do.

For the moment, I am just getting excited about the next couple sessions I have lined up. I am photographing some wonderful families in the next few weeks and I am trying to be as prepared as possible.

If you are still interested in snagging one of my "limited edition" sessions this calendar year, please contact me as soon as possible. I only have three more sessions slots available. (If you have previously contacted me about a session, don't worry, you already have a slot.) After these three slots are booked, I will postpone all sessions until the start of the new year.

Those sessions booked after the start of the new year will be subject to my increased rates (which are still TBD). I can't function on $50 sessions forever, my friends.

For now, I will leave you with a photo of a location I scouted out this evening for a future session. I am hoping the sun will be shinning when we actually do our shoot. This evening, it was rainy and thundering - but I do love the scenery! I can't wait to get a beautiful family in front of it!
Watertest

No comments:

Post a Comment